Henderson County Public Library Wireless Access Policy
- The Henderson County Public Library offers free unlimited wireless Internet access to patrons using their laptop computers or other mobile devices.
- Use of the service constitutes acceptance of this Wireless Access Policy, the Library’s Internet Use Policy and the Library Code of Conduct.
- The service is available during normal hours of operation.
- Most WiFi equipment will be compatible. However, the Library makes no guarantees as to compatibility of a patron’s hardware with the Library's network.
- There is no guarantee that a wireless connection can be made or maintained.
- The Library staff cannot provide technical assistance to patrons regarding wireless access.
- The Library does not filter the content of wireless Internet access.
- The Library's wireless network is an open network, and therefore not secure. The Library cannot guarantee the safety/privacy of communication across its wireless network.
- Anti-virus software and security protection are the responsibility of the patron.
- The Library is not responsible for any loss of data, or damage to personal equipment as a result of using the wireless service.
- The Library is not responsible for loss or theft of unattended mobile devices. A charging locker is available at the Main Library for temporary storage of such devices.
- Wireless Printing is available at the Main Library only. Contact a staff member for more information.
- The Library reserves the right to terminate a wireless Internet session at any time.
- The Library reserves the right to determine where in the building wireless access is permitted. Wireless access is not permitted in the auditorium unless it is being used for a scheduled program.
- The Library reserves the right to determine which electrical outlets can be used for powering mobile devices.
- Connecting mobile devices directly to the library network using an Ethernet cable is prohibited.
Revised February 28, 2017