Henderson County Public Library Wireless Access Policy
- The Henderson County Public Library offers free unlimited wireless Internet access to patrons using their laptop computers or other mobile devices.
- Use of the service constitutes acceptance of this Wireless Access Policy, the Library’s Internet Use Policy and the Library’s general rules governing behavior and conduct.
- The service is available during normal hours of operation.
- Most WiFi equipment will be compatible. However, the Library makes no guarantees as to compatibility of a patron’s hardware with the Library's network.
- There is no guarantee that a wireless connection can be made or maintained.
- The Library staff cannot provide technical assistance to patrons regarding wireless access.
- The Library does not filter the content of wireless Internet access.
- The Library's wireless network is an open network, and therefore not secure. The Library cannot guarantee the safety/privacy of communication across its wireless network.
- Anti-virus software and security protection are the responsibility of the patron.
- The Library is not responsible for any loss of data, or damage to personal equipment as a result of using the wireless service.
- Patrons should not leave equipment unattended. The Library is not responsible for theft.
- Printing is not available over the wireless network. Patrons can save work to a flash drive, then log in to a library workstation in order to print.
- The Library reserves the right to terminate a wireless Internet session at any time.
- The Library reserves the right to determine where in the building wireless access is permitted. Wireless access is not permitted in the auditorium unless it is being used for a scheduled program.
- The Library reserves the right to determine which electrical outlets can be used for powering laptop computers.
- Patrons are not permitted to connect their laptops directly to the library network using an Ethernet cable.
Revised December 12, 2007